If I had to pick a favourite makeup product, I would probably choose lipstick. Mascara is a close second but the perfect shade of lipstick is the holy grail of all things beauty in my opinion.
I’m a huge fan of matte lipstick and I’ve been on a hunt for a really good one. Over the last few years I’ve tried a few but my all-time favourite is probably NARS. Recently, I came across Smashbox, NYX, and Maybelline matte lipsticks and I thought write a post about my favourite ones.
NARS is still my go-to lipstick but the NYX Matte Lip Cream is quickly becoming one of my favourites as well. I found that the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick didn’t give me the matte look I wanted. It was more of a lip cream. Lastly, I really like the Smashbox Matte Lipstick. The colours are amazing and my lips felt super moisturized. See the individual details below!
1. Smashbox Matte Lipstick in Femme Fatale – $23 at Shoppers
2. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Possessed Plum – $12 at Shoppers
3. NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick in Train Bleu – $33 at Sephora
4. Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in Vivid Violet – $12 at Shoppers
5. Smashbox Matte Lipstick in Plum Role – $23 at Shoppers
6. NYX Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania – $9 at Nyx
7. NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Volga – $35 at Sephora
Do you have a favourite matte lipstick to recommend? Leave a comment below!